“I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.”William Penn
Over the years, COOJ has been functioning mainly through donations received through its well wishers and business establishments. We do charge for our services, but the income generated from this is inadequate to cover up our expenditures. Besides this, we follow a strict policy that no person will be refused our services due to financial constraints and as a result we have a number of clients who either do not pay completely or pay only partially, the fees. Our commitment to honesty, transparency and accountability has been our pillars, building an institution which is trustworthy in the eyes of our contributors.
How you can help us?
- Contribute financially.
- Volunteer time.
- Share your expertise and knowledge.
- Market our products.
- Giving our clients opportunities to work.
- Spread the word about COOJ and its work
If you feel you have skills/ talents which you would like to offer us, do not hesitate to get in touch. You could be a writer, musician, photographer, businessman, computer savvy college student, sportsman, artist, teacher, doctor, nurse, housewife, or even a retired senior citizen – as long as there is enthusiasm, there may be something you could do for us!!!
Financially, you can support us by:
- Sponsoring vocational training material (Rs. 20,000 per year.)
- Sponsoring a financially backward client at Sahodaya (Rs. 30,000 per year or Rs. 2,500 per month.)
- Sponsoring a stipend given to a client at the COOJ Sheltered Workshop (Rs. 10,000 – 18,000 per year.)
- Sponsoring refreshments for our clients (Rs. 1,500 per month.)
- Sponsoring part/full rent of our current premises (Rs 10,000/- per month)
- Sponsoring birthday gifts for clients (Rs 300/- per gift)
- Donation to the corpus
- General donations (any amount.)
Donations may be made through locaI cheques or demand draft payable to “COOJ Mental Health Foundation” payable in Mapuca, Goa.
All donations to COOJ are 50% tax exempt under Section 80G of the IT Act, 1961. We are also permitted to receive foreign donations under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act 2010 Registration No: 271830158.